Re: Spray in vs. Drop in Bedliner

From: Jason & Norah (janor@ican.net)
Date: Mon Sep 21 1998 - 06:32:40 EDT

>i would say yeah spray in is rather permanent, my dodge drop in basically
>sucked, the Rhino Liner dealer bought it off of me for $50, I dont know about
>other drop ins but my drop in worked, and served its pupose, but it tore up
>the paint underneath it more than it really did good for my truck's paint,
>plus i hated how bad stuff slid around in the bed

The dealer installed my drop in on the '95 and it really sucked. The back
end of it badly warped after a year to the point where you could slide your
hand under it and not even touch the liner. The sand bags I threw in there
for winter slid back and forth like blocks of ice banging against the fore
and aft every time I braked or took off a little more agressively. The
first time I heard/felt it, I thought that someone ran into me. The spray
in on Jason's looks great and will protect the bed from rust. They even
separately sprayed the tailgate handle inside cover plate. I don't recall
anything ever moving around in there.

Norah