Jet Chip for dragstrip(attn: Frank H.)

From: O26ON4@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 20 1998 - 11:00:23 EDT

I spoke with a Jet tech Fri. about customizing a power module for use with
100-104 unleaded fuel at the dragstrip and he faxed me a copy of their
questionaire asking for my R/T's combination, which really doesn't apply here.
My question for you members with technical expertise is can't Jet start out by
aggressively increasing the "load vs. timing" curve (that's what it's called
for my TTA) some arbitrary amount, based on empirical data they've
accumulated, and start using their chassis dyno to fine tune? As simple as the
installation of the module is, one could buy hi-test fuel at the strip, add
the module , and be literally off to the races. One could even fill up Fri.
and cruise the local streets Fri and Sat nites. Rather than pay some
outrageous amount for a single custom module, I thought some interested
members may join me in coaxing Jet to mfr. some modules with the development
costs distributed among several modules to make them more affordable.

Frank, couldn't you make a good guesstimate as to how much additional timing
advance the 5.9L could handle with fuel 10 octane points higher?
Regards,
Steve in Houston