Re: roll pans on and I received the gibson

From: Stephen J. Fisher (stephen.fisher@snet.net)
Date: Sat Sep 19 1998 - 07:58:41 EDT

Just put on my Gibson 3" single, there are probably some similarities.
The clamp at the head of the muffler was drived on so tight that it
crimped the muffler and cat pipes. I had to heat up the muffler pipe
and wrestle it off only to find out that I needed to cut off about 2/12"
of the cat pipe to make the Gibson fit (the muffler is longer). Measure
yours before you go through this and you should be able to save some
work. The rest of the installation was a breeze. Also, you might want
to shoot some litho grease in the rubber mounts to make the removal of
the hangars easier.