Re: Benz merger......good or bad ? -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 21 1998 - 17:30:43 EDT

>>But isnt it a bit odd that, for one, Chrysler products will not be sold at
Mercedes-Benz dealerships in Europe? Not at any Mercedes-Benz
dealerships
in even a single European country.<<<

well, you can't buy Acura through a Honda Dealer, you can't get Lincoln
or Mercury through a Ferd Dealer, and you can't get any old GM from a
buick dealer. Even if there may be a Dealership of one on another's lot,
you still have to talk to a "Brand X" dealer to get a "Brand X" car on the
"Brand Q" lot. You can't get a Plymouth on a Dodge lot, so why should
you get a Mercedes on a Dodge lot if there isn't a Mercedes Dealer
there? Make sense? I hope so, I had to read it twice before I got it to
sound right =) anyway, to be more in depth, you can't get Jaguar at a
Ford Dealer, or Mitsubishi at a Chrysler Dealer. It's probably gonna' be
separated for a reason, I just wish I knew what it was... =) just my HO

-mike d.