RE:Re: Paint Peeling -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 21 1998 - 17:51:07 EDT

>>>In my opinion, CC has the worst paint jobs of the Big Three
automakers.<<<

yep. I just wish they would back it up and make a few people happy!
Ferd did a massive recall on chipping paint, why won't Chry? Anyway,
check out my Dak in the Profiles and you'll see some of my paint problem.
I think I lose about a square inch everytime I wash it. Now the hood has
started. For an 88', I'll say it held up great, considering it's black and has
been vandalized (someone thought it would be funny to drag my Magnet
Mount K40 across the top of my truck...just one shallow scratch,
though... impressive!) and there are all kinds of dings and scratches and
stuff from being parked on a college campus. I'm just gonna' save and
get a really trick, DEEP black paint job that looks like you can see for miles
in it. I get all excited about a new paint job and I forget why I need one.
Now I just need to come up with about 2G's to get it done =)

-mike d.