RE: Re: Benz merger......good or bad ?

From: Craig Baltzer (Craig.Baltzer@Anjura.COM)
Date: Mon Sep 21 1998 - 18:17:35 EDT

This looks like a variation of the FUD that started over on the Viper
BBS a while ago. The page was left by an "anonymous" poster (known only
as "bigmopar" to his friends), and strangely enough none of the
supportive "comments" on the web site have any return email address, or
even a real name associated with them. The added twist when this was
posted on the Viper BBS was that the poster had "inside, confidential
memos" showing that CAAP (Connor Ave. Assembly Plant, where the Vipers
and Prowlers are built). would be almost immediately closed, and the
Viper and Prowler killed and replaced by some $250K+ MB car "currently
on the drawing board". Anyway, he/she didn't respond to any questions as
to who he/she was or what was the source(s) of the info quoted, but
rather just recited the "the merger is bad we'll all be screwd by the
German Krawt company, the merger is bad we'll all be screwed by the
German Krawt company" mantra with a smattering of "all ye proud American
patriots better rather 'round and stop this from happening" and "you're
all idiots if you can't see whats happening". Whatever...

Like Jack said, sounds like another conspiracy theorist with a bit too
much time on their hands... Hopefully they'll move along to the Neon
list soon... :-)

Craig