RE: RE: ET's - Why am I going slower????? (and old Mopar stu

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Mon Sep 21 1998 - 18:56:54 EDT

Brian,
I never had good luck with the bosch platinum plugs in my small block
chrysler products. They fouled out in a short period of time and made my
cuda run very slowly. Our strip is pretty homey as well. Makes for fun
driving down the 1 mile dirt road to the track and picking the gravel out of
your tires before a run. The timing shack is aptly described by its name,
all its missing is the crescent moon on the door. Id still replace those
plugs with ACs or even champions and re-test at the strip. Also try to keep
from spinnning off the line (open diff makes that difficult).
My cuda has an open diff (for now) and I was doing high 15s with a "normal"
launch. Once I started babying it off the line by slowly applying throttle
until the shift to second (then WOT) I went into the high 14s I didnt think
I was toasting the tire that much buttt..... My wife was able to get a 17
by sitting at the line turning the rubber to smoke with no forward motion.
 The crowd thought it was cool, and she thought the motor was loosing it
(wasnt looking at the tach).
With a LSD I should be able to see God... No NO NO
limited slip differential, I should be able to see 13s??
(damn 60s again)...
BKB