Re: Re: Engine Size

From: HKUSP40578@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 21 1998 - 21:42:35 EDT

I own a 93 Dakota Sport 4x4 with the 3.9 V6, I bought it with 13,000 miles on
it for $13,500. For the money I couldnt beat it, and for the me the 3.9 V6
with the 3.55's gears and that great NP231 Transfer case suits my off road
needs just fine! As far as mileage goes I would say that the 239 and the 318
actaully gets really close mileage, of course depending on the driver. If I
had to do it all over again, I would have to buy the 318, but at the time I
didnt need a 318, the Dak I fell in love with had a V6 and at the time I knew
nothig about Dakotas,but its the the fact that Dak's can come with a 318 that
I love. As far as performance mods go, the 318 of course has more options, but
there still are plenty of go goodies for the V6. I tow a 3000 pound 22 foot
boot and the V6 does just fine! As far as 4wheeling goes, I honestly think a
3.9 can go anywhere a 5.2 can go, seriously! I have seen many 4 bangers go
farther that small blocks, so I would say weight your options and buy what you
can afford, I am not sure now how much more the 318 is, but I would say buy it
if your can afford it, if not you will be very pleased with the 3.9