Re: DAK problems

From: Michael DuBose (mdubose@vt.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 22 1998 - 01:01:01 EDT

Geoffrey Hackbart wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I own a 98 CC and I am taking it into the dealer tomorrow, for the
> 5th time since I got it in Feb. Few questions. My carpet is coming up
> under my console. Right under my stereo. This is the third time I have
> taken it in for this, and they still haven't fixed it. Now they are
> trying to blame it on the people who installed my amp. Has this happened
> to anyone else? (the carpet thing) What could be the problem? Could the
> A/C be leaking?
> Also, my headliner is bowing down, under my visors. These aren't
> the only things that I am taking it in for either. What should I do? I
> told the service guy that I will be needing a rental and he asked me if
> I had an EW. I said no, but I should get one bcs I have had so many
> problems with this thing, that it is really starting to piss me off.
> Don't get me wrong, I love my truck, but I got this thing brand new with
> only 53 mis on it. Should this be happening? Should I demand an EW? Any
> info will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Sorry so long :O)
>
> Thanks,
> Geoffrey
> ~~~~~98 DAK CC 3.9L~~~~~

Well I am going to be up front with you and tell you that I am only 18 years
old. But I did work for a chrysler dealership for 4 years before going to
college and you have definitly been to the dealership too many times. When
it comes to the carpet you said that it has been back for this problem for
three times?? Have they replaced the carpet?? If not ask them to replace
the carpet. They shouldn't give you any greef because they don't lose any
money because chrysler pays for all of it. Now when it comes to an EW i
would get one. I have see too many people come to the shop and want
something fixed (normally it is serious) they are out of there warranty by
500 miles. Some shops will do what is called a "good will" and cover it but
that is rare. From my own personal exsperience (well my fathers at least)
an EW was invaluable. So I would get an EW.