Running board advice sought

From: Bradley, Seth J (seth.j.bradley@intel.com)
Date: Tue Sep 22 1998 - 11:44:25 EDT

The other day, my wife suggested that we put running boards on our
new R/T, mainly to make it easier for rear seat passengers to get
in and out. I said I'd look at the market and try to find an
aesthetically appropriate model :-). I've decided that if I get them,
it will have to be solid steel, and of the close-fitting "aero" type.
I've found three, J&J http://www.j-jent.com/running.htm and
Putco Pipe Line http://www.putco.com/pipeline.htm in
stainless (I'd have either of these satin finished) or the AIM
paintable,which I'd paint either body color or wheel color.
No URL, unfortunately. It looks similar to many of the fiberglass
units on the market, however. Any opinions as to which
would look the best? Has anyone on the list used
any of these products?

Thanks!

Seth Bradley