Re: Demons that lurk in the Dark

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Tue Sep 22 1998 - 16:53:28 EDT

   Well, you kinda have to take clues where clues are given. First off, the
new company is going to be called "Daimler-Chrysler" and not "Daimler-Benz"
which tells you that they are tossing their name fully into the ring behind
Chrysler. If they had intended to dismantle or abuse the company, they would
not have associated their extremely traditional name with Chrysler's.
Mercedes has a rep as being the creme de la creme of the car world. They
wouldn't have name that associated with a company they planned to destroy or
make an inferior product with.
   Will some CC employees lose their jobs... maybe, but it probably won't be
many. I'd also assume some Daimler folks will be looking for work as well, or
if they intend to seriously expand (very possible) then nobody should be out
of a job. This is all just prognostication based on the hints and sound
economic strategy that lies behind such an aquisition. If I was going to be
nervous, I would be the most nervous if I was a Ford, GM or European car
worker. D/C stands to be a collasal force in the auto industry if they want
to be. I'm thinking positive here... ^_^

Shaun H.