Re: Re: Benz merger......good or bad ?

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Tue Sep 22 1998 - 17:35:07 EDT

At 04:41 PM 9/22/1998 EDT, you wrote:
>In a message dated 9/22/98 9:16:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time, HEMI@charter.net
>writes:
>
><<
> Once again , not trying to start a flame war , just stating my opinion .
> >>
>Jack buddy, you and everyone else on this list are more than welcome to my
>home. Nothing said here will offend me. I enjoy the debate and
conversations
>that we have.

I love a good one every once in a while too .

>Now, you are completely right. Eaton has the right to do what he sees fit,.
>however, he is not the owner of the company he is merely ceo. I think
that if
>it is or was so much on the up and up then why didnt he say anything to the
>board of directors or the majority of the VP's of the company?

Now , I never said I agreed with any of his methods or that he is doing
what was right for Chrysler , I have been merely stating that the
governement should stay out of it , and that all sides have to be looked at
. For all I know at this point , everything that you are stating here , and
the guy on the web site could be right on target , I just don't know . But
that's not what I am debating .

This may sound old school or just plain stupid. But I grew
>up in a not so great area of Detroit. My dad when we moved into a much
better
>area (thanks in part to Chrysler) walked me around the block and told me to
>look at the kids and the scenery real good. I did. Then he told me to never
>forget where I came from, and how I wanted others to treat me.
>Eric

Your father sounds like an admirable man , and I think you were a lucky
child . BUT , Just remember , it's okay to have simpathy for others , but
you can't force others to have sympathy for anyone . Nor would you really
want to .

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://www.mindspring.com/~hemi/jbd1.html