RE: Viper Stripes

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Tue Sep 22 1998 - 17:48:10 EDT

Cheap Hi-tech Straight line method:

   Mount a small mirror on the end of a variable speed drill bit and rotate
the mirror fairly slowly, increasing speed until when you shine a laser
pointer at the mirror you get a stable solid line. Make sure the line is
exactly where you want it on the truck and follow the line with your vinyl
stripes or masking tape (of course you'll have to mount the drill in something
to hold it still).

More expensive method:

  Buy a Galvometer and fire a laser into the rotating mirror. A much more
steady line.

  This procedure will produce so straight a line that your truck may now look
out of whack, so I'd just follow some contour on the truck myself. ^_^

Shaun H.