Re: Re: Benz merger......good or bad ?

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Tue Sep 22 1998 - 18:42:29 EDT

>(not just in this case, this is hypothetical) sell off a company to overseas
>corporations that have no care about us or our economy, just so they can make
>10 million or more for themselves.

I am not protecting anyone . But if I were , I would justify it by saying
look at the Constitution of the United States .

... and then subtract their cost to support the unfortunate ones that cant
find jobs and have to go on welfare or what ever. This is a much bigger
picture than what your seeing here.

Hmmmm.....Eric , you made my point for me . I can tell what your political
affiliation is by your use of the word "unfortunate" , but that's for
another day. :)

I do not think that it is the Government's responisbility to "support"
anyone . No-one's life is ruled by being "unfortunate" or "less-fortunate"
. EVERYONE has the same abilities in this country . Now I realize that in
VERY rare instances this may be true . BUT , for the vast majority that cry
foul when someone else is making $1million a year and they're only making
$5/hour , they are NOT less fortunate , they are lazy and they have no
ambition and no drive .

Explain to me how anyone could be considered "unfortunate" or "less
fortunate" in terms of their economic position .

Like I said , concentrate more on facts and less on emotion and *you* may
not be so blinded .

 But man, doesnt anyone think about the long term anymore?

Well , people that work for the UAW don't seem to . All they care about is
making sure that they can get x-amount of pay and not have to work x-hours
, or whatever . They don't realize that they are cutting their own throats
in the future .

> So, with that I leave you to ponder and hopefully youll get it.
>Eric

You put up a very good argument , Eric . I certainly respect someone who is
not afraid to express themselves . Even if I do not agree with their point .

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://www.mindspring.com/~hemi/jbd1.html