Re: Re: Benz merger......good or bad ?

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Tue Sep 22 1998 - 18:55:54 EDT

When it comes down to a large group of people being
>displaced against their will who will stand up for them?

Displaced ? Is Chrysler throwing them out of hteir homes now ? No , they
are not being displaced , they are just not thinking about their future .

You sound reminiscent of a guy who has worked in a factory for 40 years and
neve rthought he would ever have to do anything else , so he didn't . One
day the factory closed .

Who is to blame in that case ? The factory for not being able to stay in
business , or the worker for not thinking ahead and relying on his job ?

I think the latter would be true in that case .

 And if noone, then
>shouldnt the Gov?

Not with my tax money !

What will you do if that ever happens to you? Stand there
>and take it like a man? What about your wife and kids? Should they fend for
>themselves too?

This will never happen to me . Yes , at some point I may find myself out of
work , for one reason or anohter , but I will survive . I have the ability
to get my ass up and do for myself , not have someone else do for me . I
think that this is something that is missing even more in this day .
I continue to see you referring to me as someone who doesn't care about
other people or that has no compassion . This is not true . In fact, I
have more compassion than most people I have ever met , BUT , again , you
cannot and SHOULD NOT try and force anyone to be compassionate .

>Eric
>p.s. Just a debate! No one should take this to personal or serious!

Yes , I think we are starting to scare people , hehehehe .

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://www.mindspring.com/~hemi/jbd1.html