(no subject)

From: (no email)
Date: Thu Sep 24 1998 - 06:30:36 EDT

> From: JHambleton@diabloresearch.com
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: DML: 1999 GM pick up
> Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 07:26:06 -0700

> The ALL new pickup from Generic Motors.
>
> I pulled my "first look" issue of Truckin' Magazine. No real data
> was given in terms of weight and dimensions. The cab was "roomier". The hood
> "harkened back to 70's style Chevy's". The engine, though labeled with
> "Vortec 6000" (Binford 6500), is an LT1 block. Can you say 350. Braking was
> "greatly improved". Steering was made "crisper" by use of rack and pinion.

Chevy has three engines based off the LS1. They are iron
block/aluminum head. If I remember right, you can get a 4.8, 5.3, and
6.0 (in the 2500 series).Ya gotta like 270HP from a 5.3. Hope they
don't put it in a small truck.

> Looks to me like Generic Motors has again repackaged the same old
> vehicle and is shoving down the consumers throat as "ALL NEW". Don't take
> any chances here GM, you might even do something innovative.
>
> JonH

Styling is lame, cab has about 3 more inches of legroom tahn the
Dodge.

|{eith R. Phelps

Cat..... the other white meat.