(no subject)

From: (no email)
Date: Thu Sep 24 1998 - 10:08:55 EDT

> From: Aengstle@aol.com
> Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 13:36:16 EDT
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: Re: DML: The Slick Stuff
r. I hear all of these tests
> where they drain the oil and run the motor and WOW, IT IS STILL RUNNING. My
> experience has been that using regular motor oil and draining it will cause
> motor failure in the long run but for a short commercial it will look like
> nothing was wrong.
> I'm sure that nobody normally drains their oil and sees what happens without
> additives.
> I guess I'm still a big sceptic on these additives. It is nice to hear some
> real world guys telling stories of how it saved their engine. Keep them coming
> in and maybe I'll change my mind.
>
> Al
> '95 SLT cc V6 (bone stock because I'm still paying for it)

I'd like to see the condition of the bearings after one of these
"tests". Saying "wow it's still running" doesn't mean much, as
that has 178000 on it. It was the inlaws car until 50000, but since
then the oil is changed regulary, and doesn't consume a measureable
amount of oil in 3-4000 mile intervals. Most manufacturers recommend
against additives explicitly in the owners manual.

|{eith R. Phelps

Cat..... the other white meat.