Re: Slick 50

From: Aengstle@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 24 1998 - 09:35:02 EDT

I read a test that I believe was done in Consumer reports that said that Slick
50 was great, reduced friction UNTIL it reached a certain temperature, then it
lubricated worse than regular oil and caused wear. They at that time
recommended not using it.
I have since seen that Slick 50 has several different formulas out (at this
time Slick 50 was in its original formula and there really wasn't anything
else out on the market like it yet). Now we have Dura Lube,Motor up, Prolong,
2001, and I'm sure some that I haven't seen them all. Has anyone out there
seen an independent test done on all of these items? I would like to see a
comparison done before trying one on my vehicles.
If you read each one of the bottles they pretty much cut down the other guy's
product.
Who is right? The world may never know.