1999 GM pick up

From: JHambleton@diabloresearch.com
Date: Thu Sep 24 1998 - 10:26:06 EDT

        The ALL new pickup from Generic Motors.

        I pulled my "first look" issue of Truckin' Magazine. No real data
was given in terms of weight and dimensions. The cab was "roomier". The hood
"harkened back to 70's style Chevy's". The engine, though labeled with
"Vortec 6000" (Binford 6500), is an LT1 block. Can you say 350. Braking was
"greatly improved". Steering was made "crisper" by use of rack and pinion.

        The whole article was made up of impressions that made the GM seem
very cutting edge. My humble opinion (no prejudice here) is that when we get
right down to the facts, this truck is basically the same thing as last year
with ever so slight front sheet metal changes. Unless you stare at it
closely it looks the same. The article even mentioned how Ford owners will
be confused by the Sport Side tail light assemblies. Look like they pulled
them right off the F-150.

        Looks to me like Generic Motors has again repackaged the same old
vehicle and is shoving down the consumers throat as "ALL NEW". Don't take
any chances here GM, you might even do something innovative.

JonH