RE:Part-Time v.s. Full-Time

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Thu Sep 24 1998 - 08:59:02 EDT

Thank you for getting this out faster than I could. I cannot post from work
and had to wait to get home. You are 100% on the money. I know from
experience that part time 4WD will bind up in a tight turn on dry pavement.
The truck stopped rolling! Luckily, I was moving very slow and did not
damage anything.

John
98 Dak CC 4X4 Sport, 5.2L, auto, and on and on and on

<snip>
Wooahh Brian!

     I admit it seems counterintuitive, but you've got this backwards...
     Part-Time 4WD is for use ONLY on loose surfaces (read the warning on
     the drivers side visor) the Full-Time option can be used on any road
     surface...

     The part-time system is the generic 4WD system on our vehicles and is
     not a new invention.

     T.

<unsnip>