Dakota fuel economy

From: Alan Gustafson (old_iron@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 23 1998 - 23:24:27 EDT

I also had about the same mileage numbers you are quoting when the truck
was 'new'. However, after about 10k-12k miles, the fuel economy
gradually increased to its current 16-19mpg. At last check, the
odometer read 22k.

97 CC 318 5sp, TB mods, K&N, cold air induction reroute, Hooker max flow
muffler

..Date: 23 Sep 1998 11:52:19 -0700From:
..Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
..Subject: Re: DML: Engine SizeJon:
.. You can take issue with his numbers all you like, but my Dak gets
..horrendous mileage. Even "babying" the gas pedal, the absolute ..best
I've ever gotten is 13.5mpg city/highway and 15.7 freeway ..(Trip to
Vegas etc.). The dealer's won't care either. The truck ..has almost
6,000 miles on it now so I'd expect it's almost fully ..broke in. How
you guys are getting the numbers you are is a ..phenominal mystery to
me.Shaun H.