Are you ready for a Minnesota winter?

From: Boog318@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 23 1998 - 21:49:21 EDT

J.
I went to school in Brookings SD! Cool! Where are you at in NW MN? Do you
like to fish? Walleyes rule!!!!!!!!!! Wish they were aplenty in MD.
First, change your oil to 5w30. Preferabally full synthetic 5w30.
Get an oil/block heater (you should know what I'm talking about).
Get a sturdy tow cable, at least 6 ft long. I went off I 90 once at 50 MPH.
4x4 saved me there, but you never know.
Keep a can of de-icer in the truck. This helps when its has been 30-40 below
and you have a frozen throttlebody linkage from the snow drift under your hood
(also happened to me).
The best thing I ever did while I was up there was get a CB. My Uncle lives
in Wilmont (near Worthington). I was going there (85 mile trip) in the winter
time and my pick up coil decided to give up. If it werent for that CB, I may
have never gotten any help. I guess a cellular phone would be even better.
Anti-freeze....get a tester (parts store) and make sure your anti freeze
floats atleast four balls. If it dosent, drain some out, and add full
strength until it does.
You might want to make sure you have a 195 stat in there too.
Hope this helps! Catch a Walleye for me hun!
Boog