Chains & Gears

From: R.Mock (rmock@frontiernet.net)
Date: Wed Sep 23 1998 - 20:56:12 EDT

I'm a Dodge Man , no doubt , I have six in the yard right now.
By no means do I know or even think about lots of the things you
guys & gals discuss. I've learned lots reading the posts of the DML'ers,

and have had many laughs reading some of them.
  My R/T was damaged by the "Earl the Whirl Storm" and I just got it
back from the body shop with the new Ram Air Hood (still waitin' on the
air box) and it looks TUFF !!
  It goes to have the strypes put back on Friday.
  But gettin to my question.................
  I have souped up many 318 , 360 , & 340 (My favorite) engines
and we all know about those factory timing chains & gears , but what
type of chain & gears do the Magnum engines have ? And are there
any better aftermarket sets available ? What effects or benefits are
there
in advancing or retarding the cam timing on a Magnum engine ?
 The Magnum in My R/T is only the second one I've had and I
haven't tried modifying either internally. I've thought about roller
rockers
and better pushrods. Tell me what You think.

98 Black CC R/T W/SSViper Strypes on a RamAir Hood

..........wantin' to go Faster