Re: Demons that lurk in the Dark

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 23 1998 - 20:07:20 EDT

Shuan, Im glad you've been following this all. However, I do not share many
of your opinions. For example:

>>there is a difference between remembering history and making a
country pay over and over for it's mistakes. The new Germany is exactly that.
 I doubt we'll be seeing Leopard II's rolling into France in the near future.
I'm very well informed with WWII history and it's causes and it's resolutions.
 The modern world is far more global, dynamic and interractive. I am
advocating a difference between forgiving and forgetting.<<
True, there is a difference between the two, although this world is very
global and extremely interractive. Look at what were doing right now! Are we
not interracting along with hundreds of others that may be reading these very
words not only in Eastpointe Mi, but as far if not farther than California and
Canada?
>>Anyone who bitches
about being unemployed really had to just look in the mirror to find out why
they still are. I have no sympathy for those kind of people who expect the
world to hand them a living. I'll bet you'll find that most of the unemployed
folks are coming from the old East German side.<<
  Well, Ive never advocated laziness thats for sure and yes the majority is
from East Germany. The thing that you seem to preach but yet not understand
yourself is that like I cannot change the outcome of the merger, you can not
change the fact that the "old East German's" became comfterable with Communism
and are use to Communism and want it back. One man saying that they are lazy
bums for it isnt going to make them "See the light"!!!
>>I think
you will save yourself a lot of stress if you put your faith in your
management and don't worry about it. If you keep seeing demons in the dark,
you will either stress out or get what you are looking for: heartache.
   If you are so certain that your job is doomed or that Chrysler is going
down the toilet, here's some advice: bail out now. <<
Wait, did I say that I thought you were following the posts? I take that back
because if you were then you would remember that I never said that I was
stressed over any of this! Buddy, let me tell you that I am so secure in my
job with Chrysler Design Office that it would take a major lay off or the
complete shut down of said office for me to begin to worry. If that were to
happen, I have many opportunities ahead. Believe me, Chrysler will never die
and I will retire from there a happy young man of 57 remembering being on this
excellent list with excellent Dak lovers, and laughing about some advice one
of fellow DakPak gave me about my job!!
>>Find a job with Ford or
GM... oh wait: they're international too. I just guess you're screwed. Sorry
Bud, I can't help you there. I'd recommend McDonalds, Burger King, Jack in
the Box, Kentucky Fried Chicken or Dominoes, but shoot, they're also
international! Now that I think about it, *I* work for an international
company: inacom. Yikes! I'm doomed!! I better warm up the pencil cup and
find a good street corner. <<
Shuan, youre only screwed when you say something when you know little about
it.
Again, you must not have been following the posts so Ill clue you in. GM,
Ford, McDonalds, Burger King, Kentucky Fried Chicken and Dominoes may all be
international business', but the profit stays here!! Daimler-Chrysler profit
goes to Germany. And yah yah yah, I read the line about how it doesnt matter
where the profit goes because the dollar always has to come back here. Well,
do you remember the trade deficit? do you understand what that is all about?
Im not totally sure on this, but I think its when foreigners sell more to the
states, taking the profit, and then not spending much over here or buying our
goods abroad. I dont know, its something like that. Maybe we should look
into that to see if our dollar does come back or not!! Hmmmm, curious
 ^_^ (I'm ribbing you here. Don't take it too
personally.)
  Ditto!!! =0)
Eric