Re: Tire Rotation

From: AJRoss50@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 23 1998 - 18:09:47 EDT

>Well I wanted to rotate my tires myself, but am having second thoughts. In
>which direction do you rotate the tires. I know there is a pattern, but I
cant
>find it in the owners manual. Do you switch out the spare tire? Can you
rotate
>them without changing the spare? I wanted to use the spare but dont have
>access to a wheel balancer. Also what is the torque setting for the lug nuts?
>If I do rotate them will I have to get an alignment? If I did this myself I
>would have to go out and buy a torque wrench, heard there kinda expensive>
>Should I just let the dealer do it.

Rotate the tires front to back. Keep them on the same side. Don't crisscross
them. Crisscrossing is not for radial tires. Crisscrossing used to be
recommended when before radial tires. You can't spin a radial one way, then
spin it the other. This is especially true if they are high mileage tires. I
did this once and I blew a tire. So, you can trust me on this. Your spare
tire should already be balanced. You also shouldn't need a torque wrench, but
it is nice to have.

Alex
97 CC Sport V8