Gear Ratio Question, 97+ V6 Specific - Gas Mileage?

From: Jerod J. Husvar (jerodh@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 23 1998 - 18:02:31 EDT

Greatings list,

I spend most of my time lurking, with the occasional pop-up to smart off
about something, and I finally have a real question...

I have a '98 2WD CC 3.9L, 5 speed with the 3.55 LSD. I'm contemplating
going to 3.92 gears for a little extra umph in acceleration, and was
wondering what others with the 3.92 gears are getting for gas mileage.
I currently am getting a mixed mileage of about 21mpg, spilt 50/50,
highway and city, with a lot of gratuitous spanks along the way. I also
spend most of my time on the highway at 75 mph. (It's Ohio, we have a
lot of donut shops, ok? And I have the ultimate radar detector... a CB.
:)

I'm looking specifically for anyone who has the same truck as I do, but
with the 3.92's. Or if anyone has the 4.10's, I'll take that info, as
well. :)

Thanks much!

jjh