Re: I need to find the perfect oil filter.

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Wed Sep 23 1998 - 15:32:59 EDT

At 12:06 AM 9/23/98 , you wrote:

>Months ago I read somewhere, I can't remember where, about an oil
>filtration SYSTEM.
>They claimed that this contraption would clean the oil of even the
>smallest particles, for instance, those smaller than the limit of
>conventional filters. If you ran synthetic oil, you could technically
>keep the same oil for years. The filter would last 25,000 miles or so,
>additives are required once in a while too. etc...

You will probably hear from people who know a lot more about this than I
do, but I would be very leery about anything like this. What is it they say
about something sounding too good to be true? IMHO there's no substitute
for a good quality oil and filter and changing them both regularly.

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 RC 3.9L V6   3.55 Auto  Rhino Liner

"I believe people would be alive today if there were a death penalty" -- Nancy Reagan