Re: RE: 1999 GM pick up

From: Chris lang (langcj@clarkson.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 24 1998 - 12:02:52 EDT

Those new motors dont sound right to me, the whole idea of a PLASTIC
intake
manifold kinda makes me feel weird... I think I'll stick to my mopar
with
its hard to find parts than drive around in a truck with a plastic
motor...

Chris

Actually it's a good idea. Plastic doesn't conduct heat like aluminum.
The intake therefore is cooler and doesn't heat the incoming air.
Mopar's been making motors with aluminum intakes for a few years now.
Look at the 4 bangers in my Stratus and in Neons.

--
Drew Schofield
1998 Sport 4x4 5.2 CC Black