Re: Respect the big 3 - Chrysler turnaround

From: Merullo (Merullo@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Sep 25 1998 - 16:27:57 EDT

The K-cars, the loans, and dont forget the minivans.

Later on (By the middle of this decade), I think that Mopar really did stomp
on GM and Ford.

Mopar's answer to the S-10 - Dakota
Mopar's answer to the Taurus - Intrepid
Mopar's answer to the GM and Ford trucks - Ram

These Mopars were vastly superior to their competition at the time of their
introduction in my estimation. For the last few years, GM and Ford have
been playing catch up..well, Ford has been playing rip-off in the full-size
truck category...

>> Wether you like the K-Car or not , you have to realize that it's the car
>> that saved Chrysler and brought it back from the brink .
>
> Well, actually it was the mean old federal government that bailed out
>Chrysler with those cheap loans (thanks, Lee I.). But I catch your
>drift. There was a veritable shitload of those disgustingly-ugly bricks
>all over the roads of North America, which allowed CC to pay off those
>loans and actually perform the R&D which has put them back with a
vengeance.