Re: Re: Respect the big 3 - Chrysler turnaround

From: Aengstle@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 25 1998 - 17:32:59 EDT

I agree, mopar has come out with cars and trucks that are at the top. Another
thing I like about Chrysler is they are more willing to take chances( I
remember reading an article wondering what good a minivan would be when
perfectly good full size vans are around). Chrysler made convertables when
everyone had pretty much quit and they also made them in affordable cars and
trucks (anyone still got a convertable Dakota?). In the past they had the
Hemi, wedge motors, they really made cars with muscle before the term "muscle
cars" was coined. Another DML subscriber hit another nail right on the head
when he said that "you will be more apt to see Chrysler
put out a concept car ". The Prowler is one example. My first car was a '65
dodge dart which you could go to a junk yard and pull some parts off of
another mopar and put it right in. I kind of bought the Dakota because of it's
similarity to the older mopars in that it is rugged and parts are similiar
over a many year stretch. It also silences the many Ford and Chevy fans out
there, they don't know what to say when you buy a Dodge which outperforms what
they have. Most of them spend all their time cutting each other down while you
drive by them and wave.