RE: Re: Ticking

From: newsgroup (newsgroup@zracer.com)
Date: Sun Sep 27 1998 - 13:17:48 EDT

If you pull the pan and clean the screen on the oil inlet the sound might go
away.

Joel

Ive had my 92 318 Dak in for an oil leak about a month ago, they put threee
things of dye in still no leak. So I go to change the oil and decide to
flush out the dye with "motor flush". Ran two quarts of cheap oil through
afterwards then filled with mobil 1.
A few days later, I'm out letting the truck warm up and I heard this God
awful
knock from the driver side. Not a lifter knock, much louder. It lasted for
maybe 15 secs and went away. I still can hear a knock now when I start up,
but not anywhere as loud as the first. This knock is intermittent too. I
have distinguished this knock from my injector tick. THe Dealer hears
nothing. I too am concerned.
Maybe it was just that flush.
TO EVERY ONE: DONT EVER USE ANYTHING TO CLEAN YOUR ENGINE OUT!!!!
Boog