Re: 318 noise

From: Beau Hale (sleepy@neteze.com)
Date: Mon Sep 28 1998 - 17:02:46 EDT

While randomly pounding on their keyboard
Richard.Oleschuk@chem.UAlberta.ca typed

>Now with just 2800 kms on the odometer the
>engine does not seem to have the same get up and go as before and pings on
>hard acceleration. I took it to the dealership and they said that the they
>check and scoped the engine, everything is working fine. Also they stated
>most of the V8's were a little noisy and it may quiet down with a few more
>miles on it. Has anyone else had this problem, if so what did they do to
>fix it etc. The funny thing is that motor trend remarked on how quiet and
>smooth the V8 was when they tested it.

I had the same problem especially under hard accel. I corrected the
problem with an upgrade to medium grade gas (89 octane) so far the sound
has not returned.

Black Dak Sport, Short Cab, Short Bed, 5sp Manual, 318ci., Anti-Slip
rear, 15" x 7" wheels, Light Group, 3.92 rear, K&N

Get Real.......Get Mopar