RE: CA drivers, was:Drivers Age??

From: Jason & Norah (janor@ican.net)
Date: Mon Sep 28 1998 - 17:42:16 EDT

>I used to think that was bad, too, until I moved out here to godforsaken
>VA. They have a car tax here...they evaluate the worth of your vehicle
>then actually CHARGE YOU FOR OWNING IT. New cars are about $1000 a year
>or so (depending on what county you live in) just because you own a
>vehicle. (I'd rather be forced to show proof of insurance...at least
>you get something out of that.)

Sounds a little like Utah. There you get a Property Deed and pay tax yearly
as well. We have it a little easier here, you pay the tax when you buy it,
once you pay for your plates, all you pay the government after that it a
yearly plate sticker - $98.00 Cdn., regardless of the vehicle, condition, or
age. And that's it.

Norah

"A stroke of the brush does not guarantee art from the bristles."
--Ambassador Kosh, BABYLON 5