YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! Was:RE: Back from Houston...Arghhh!!

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Mon Sep 28 1998 - 21:19:06 EDT

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT"S FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, if you couldn't tell, I fixed it. It took a while, but now it's done.

After checking out the wires, and the coil, I decided to take off the
distributer cap. Alll was well with it until I looked inside. Part of the
rotor was missing(the tip). So when the coil fired on the distributer, the
energy hit the area around the brass posts. All the plastic around the
brass posts (on the inside) were melted and fried. The end of the rotor is
covered w/melted plastic. It got more and more covered with melted plastic
all the time while I was driving, until the rotor was so covered it
couldn't fire. Well, at least that sounds like a good explaination to me.
I still don't know what happened to the tip of the rotor, though.

About the wheels, they fit perfectly....kinda. On the front (especially
the drivers side), when the wheels are turned, they hit the a-arm. I am
going to take care of this tonight. Here are some pics:

www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/4878/wheels.html

ps - Aand no, the Furd Ranger is not mine, I took the pics at a friends
house. He has the digital camera....

Brian (My Baby's Back!!) Lee