Re: RE: Insurance Rates

From: Scott Miller (kmiller@mail.cvn.net)
Date: Tue Sep 29 1998 - 13:13:06 EDT

Let me kick in my 2 cents on insurance since I'm 19 now.

When I started out with my Shelby Dakota, I had full coverage for just a
couple dollars over $700 every six months. Since I want to put a 360 in
sometime in the future, I figured it would be cheap to get a second car,
just to run around in and get good gas mileage. I picked up an 87 Plymouth
Turismo and am on my way. The insurance on this is just over $400 every six
months. I told them my Shelby will not be driven as much, so they put it to
"pleasure" rates wich dropped it down to $193.00 every six months. (my jaw
hit the floor). I have now mileage limitations, and am still the primary
operator of both vechicles. I just turned 19, so they removed
"inexperienced operator" from the policy. My total is just shy of $600
every six months. I'm actually saving money, by not using as much gas, and
paying cheaper insurance.

Well that's my 2 cents

Scott Miller
Shelby Dakota #322