Re: Trouble Code 32

From: Chad (mcc@negia.net)
Date: Tue Sep 29 1998 - 13:18:35 EDT

I have a '95 Sport Club Cab V6

I don't think I ran through any water the day that it went out. Its been
raining all day today and no problems so far... I have drove about 30
miles today.

Now another funny scenario has happened. I checked the codes when I got
home today and I got code 11 and code 12. NO 32. ...And I am sure I had
a 32 yesterday. I KNOW that I haven't disconnected the battery in the
last 50 key on cycles... so something is definetely wrote there... The
number 12 code means the below:

(two stars "**" means that the check engine light will illuminate)
-----------

1. Intermittent loss of either camshaft or crankshaft position sensor.
**
                                        or
2. No crank reference signal detected during engine cranking.
                                        or
3. Crankshaft position sensor target windows have too much vibration. **

-------------

I have NO check engine light, so that should eliminate 1 and 3. So, that
leaves 2 which I don't understand what means. I think the coil scenerio
sounds right, but if that is so, then why didn't the truck shut down
when I drove it last night while trying to find out what was wrong? My
Dad got the engine as hot as he could and we drove for quite a while. I
think he may have suspected the coil also. I've also drove it 30 miles
today with no problems... So, anymore idea's... Any idea why the 32 code
is now Gone? Any idea why 12 showed up for no apparent reason?

Thank You very Much,
                        Chad Clifton

ps Ain't Jack Handy Just great?!? :-)