PCM

From: Christopher Bogart (cbogart@netscape.com)
Date: Tue Sep 29 1998 - 14:40:21 EDT

Just reading the www.dakota-truck.net site. Particularly the PCM page.
Now I've a question. How would adding 20-30 HP and 20-30 ft.lb. of
torque NOT help a truck climb hills, haul heavy loads, tow big ski
boats, and do all sorts of truck things better? Is the stock PCM really
better for these than this aftermarket one? I'm thinking not, but I'd
love to hear an argument that says yes.

Bogart

Also, who makes a 50 state legal header? Is the performance less than a
48 state legal header? And since headers come before the cat, how do
they qualify headers as ok and get around that stupid law about mods
being made only back of the cat are legal. (And isn't that just a CA
law?) I'm going full dual, with a high flow, H Cat or two cats and an H
pipe. Fuck 'em. I'll move! Show me how visual differences cause an
impact on the environment. Show me how a more efficient engine pollutes
more. That law is a crock of shite! Keep your truck tuned, make it a
better performer (which means burn more fuel in the combustion chamber -
OH and look at that: If I burn more fuel in the CC, I reduce my
emmisions! Hmm) and I'll bet it beats a stock truck for emmisions
anyday.

And while I'm all fired up now, let me ask one more thing. The marketing
brochure for the 97-98 dak, of which I've a 98, says the stock exhaust
is already high flow, and also, I think, that the ignition is High Volt.
Are significant (read: cost effective) gains to be had from modifiying
the exhaust? Ignition? With 3.92 gears, I need to start thinking of all
the best ways to improve my gas mileage, and I'm all about doing it
while increasing performance and engine-life.

Thanks-
Bogart

Driftwood 98 SLT CC 4x4 3.92 Rhino 31X10.5

Soon to have:
Shell
Racks
Winch
1900 lb rear springs
K&N snorkel
True Dual
PCM
Some sorta Hot Ignition Control Module. Jacobs? Accel? Mopar?

Do I need to fill out a bio? I've been on this list for 4 days now.