Re: Re: Cranking up the Torsion Bars

From: David De Vuono (ddevuono@attcanada.net)
Date: Tue Sep 29 1998 - 23:38:39 EDT

1993 Extended Cab. 31x10.5 on stock rims. 40,000 miles on the tires.
Rotated at 20,000 miles with even wear. People will tell you that the 6"
rims are too small but that is baloney. Offroad racers run 33's on 7 inch
rims. It saves the rims from rock damage. You will need to adjust the air
pressure down. Full pressure and 6 inch rims will cause the center of the
tire to wear. I have a 1,000 lb camper so I just had a leaf spring made and
added it to the pack. Better way to go would be a 2" block in the rear and
1" torsion bar lift in the front.(better ride and offroad articulation). I
may add a 2" body lift as well. ..........future would have a solid front
axle installed(for about the cost of a trailmaster 4"........has anyone done
this? What year and make of donor vehicle has the left biased differential?