Re: Warranty with a K&N filter

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 30 1998 - 10:47:53 EDT

<< Not only did I get away with the K&N, but I also had an MSD box,
 headers, and Magnecore wires on my 96. They didnt even flinch when I
 took it in for a fuel problem under warr. >>

It all depends on how your dealer work... I've had some look for any reason
not to do work under warranty, while I've had some that don't ask twice and
just get to work. Usually, if you just ask your service manager how he feels
about aftermarket performance parts, they'll give you an idea whats ok, and
whats not..

My friend had a pretty hot 98 Dak 5spd that ran mid 14s.. his transmission
went out. He took it to the dealership with his cam, msd, roller rockers,
traction bars, K&N FIPK, and a nice coating of rubber on the inner fenders...
they still replaced the transmission oddly enough.

ttyl
Patrick