Re: Rough Idle with headers

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 30 1998 - 16:07:08 EDT

In a message dated 9/30/98 3:56:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu writes:

<< As far as I know, the headers themselves shouldn't
 be causing a problem like that, but they obviously are. Are there any
 components nearby which might be heating up and causing the problem?

all I can think of that it could possibly be heating up is maybe a plug wire.
Other than that, no clue. Maybe an O2 sensor was about to go when he put the
headers on and then all the extra heat finally killed it or could he have
inadvertently crimped one of the O2 sensor wires and made the sensor go on the
fritz? Just ideas
Eric