Re[2]: Rough Idle with headers

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Wed Sep 30 1998 - 18:34:23 EDT

> Mike has the Doug Thorley's, but I'm sure there's a hookup for it too.
> I was just wondering if it might be blocked, or if there's some other
> problem in that area.

Yep theres a hookup for the EGR on the Thorley's.

> Are there any
> components nearby which might be heating up and causing the problem?

> -Jon-

I don't know. I don't think it is wires. did it with the Morosos,
and now the Taylors. EGR valve is pretty new. AIS motor is new. I
did have a new O2 sensor but I just swapped the old one back in a few
minutes ago. The new one had a longer wire than the original, and
also a different number engraved on it. When I bought it, the dealer
had two numbers listed, I think one was long and one was short, so I
got the long one. One DML member said they had similar problems with
a bad O2 sensor so that's why I'm switching. The old one is still
good, when it came out it was just time to change it.

--IF-- I had the wrong sensor in there I can see this causing
problems. I'll let everyone know. I may also swap in the old AIS
motor and check things out.

Thanks to everyone who has been throwing out ideas for me.

---Mike, near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt
 My Dakota page==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html
 Dakota Webring==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/webring/ring.html