Re: Warranty with a K&N filter

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 30 1998 - 17:37:09 EDT

<< This is complete and utter crap! It is not for the individual service
 mgr to decide. Granted, that's the reality, but it's not supposed to be.
 Personally, if the local service writer is giving me grief over a bolt
 on that has done nothing to promote whatever problem is that I'm seeking
 service on, I'll first ask them how in the hell he figures such nonsense
 and if I don't get some good answers, I simply leave and go elsewhere. >>

You're right, it isn't for the service manager to decide.. BUT, wether or not
you're willing to get lawyers involved over your warranty claim is going to be
completely up to you. Asking your service manager what mods would be "ok"
eliminates a few headaches.

ttyl
Patrick