Re: Undetctable Radar Detectors

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 03 1998 - 03:08:44 EDT

At 11:41 PM 10/2/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Most of the newest radar detectors do not emit the signal the trouper can
>detect so I am getting one of the undetectable, remote mount units. I have a
>perfect mounting for 97 and newer daks that "looks" right through the
grill and
>cannot be seen from outside the truck unless you raise the hood and even then
>will not be recognized as a detector unless one really know what he is
looking
>for.

  Sounds pretty cool. Two things come to mind though... Make sure
it is *really* undetectable before you fork over your cash, and also,
having the sensor in the grille would leave you vulnerable to radar
from behind. It might be worth it to buy another unit and point it
behind you. (Though I have no idea where you'd mount something on the
back of a truck; not too many locations to hide it!) Maybe you
could disguise it as a hitch plug or a cargo light?

                                               -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.77@92.97), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |