RE: Dak Brakes

From: newsgroup (newsgroup@zracer.com)
Date: Sat Oct 03 1998 - 12:23:00 EDT

I was driving in the rain on my way to work and was testing my ainti-lock
brakes :) It was fun messing around. When pulling into the garage at work I
gently applied my brake and all the sudden my right rear tire was locking
up! Everytime the brakes were hit the shoes would lock the drum on that one
tire and it was skidding! The truck was parked and decided to deal with it
at lunch. It was 12:00 and off to the dealer to bitch but the problem
wouldnt reproduce so I turned around and the problem never happened again.
Its been about 4 months sence then.

At 13k miles I have to say the brakes seem to be working better than they
did 1k mi ago. It takes less pressure to stop and I have to let up faster
when coming to a complete stop.

Joel

When I was at the track in Florida a few weeks ago , I had a strange hic-up
from the antilock .

I had just completed a burnout and as I was inching towards the staging
lights , the antilock decided to activate for about 3 seconds . It was as
if my truck was suddenly eppileptic or something . I figured it was merely
confused as to why the brakes were being applied and the rear tires kept
spinning faster .

Never had it happen again .

W . Jack Hilton III

HEMI@charter.net