RE: Radar Detectors

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sun Oct 04 1998 - 02:54:45 EDT

At 11:26 PM 10/3/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm using a V1 radar detector, but have a Clarion head unit for my
>stereo system for the "traffic alert" stuff. Its not really implemented
>many places yet, but looks neat. It uses the display on the head unit to
>display the message, whereas the ones on the radar detectors just turn
>on a light saying that there is an alert so you're never sure exactly
>what is going on...

  Heh heh heh! That's pretty funny. Don't get me wrong, I'm not
knocking the thing; I think its a cool idea, but I just had the mental
picture of an accident scene up ahead, with motorists speeding down the
road, staring at their head units trying to read what's happening as they
plow into the pileup... ;-)

                                               -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.77@92.97), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |