Aspen from Alberta (attn: Jack)

From: Jason & Norah (janor@ican.net)
Date: Sun Oct 04 1998 - 11:16:01 EDT

>I don't think that the Aspen in Alberta is going to happen .
>

>W . Jack Hilton III

Hi Jack,

Had I known that you were considering buying a vehicle from Alberta, I would
have told you this earlier. DON'T DO IT!!!! The major reason is that
Alberta has no certification requirements by law for selling or buying
vehicles. Maybe by now it may have changed, but I somehow doubt it. That's
the province where most people dump their vehicles that won't pass
inspection in British Columbia, Ontario, etc. I lived there (felt like
doing time :) ) for 4 years and I saw a whole helluva a lot of rust buckets
on the road that wouldn't have passed any tests, not even Kindergarten. Had
you mention BC or Ontario, it might have been worth your while but you have
to ask the seller to have it certified before you buy it. That might cost a
few extra bucks, but you'll also find out if they're tried to rip you off.

Norah

"Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their
side .. and the truth." -- Babylon 5