Re: R/T Exhaust questions

From: Daniel Colucci (djcolucci@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Oct 04 1998 - 22:44:22 EDT

Without going out and measureing the O2 sensors I would guess they are
between 2 and 3 inches below the connection between the manifold and the
pipes. The cat is after the crossmember. I know this because I burnt my
leg on it looking at an oil leak. No the engine wasn't running and the
truck had time to cool down. However the cat was still hot as s**t and now
my left thigh loks like a burgre hot off the grill. I was also thinking of
going with the same exhaust you are but it would cost over $600 with each
cat running about $140 and each muffler about $70. The exhaust is only
stainless after the muffler on the R/T. I am very interested to see if the
headers off the 98 5.2 will work. do they have the required O2 fittings in
the "Y"? If so then I would want to go with these headers instead of the
shorty style. I can then eliiminate the two into one cat and go 3 inch cat
and 3 inch exhaust all the way back.

Dan
98 RT with a Vortech