Re: Re: R/T Exhaust questions

From: jim miller (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Sun Oct 04 1998 - 23:09:01 EDT

Daniel Colucci wrote:

> Without going out and measureing the O2 sensors I would guess they are
> between 2 and 3 inches below the connection between the manifold and the
> pipes. The cat is after the crossmember.
> I was also thinking of going with the same exhaust you are but it would cost
> over $600 with each
> cat running about $140

cats can be had here in Waco for 59.00ea, and a good selection of mufflers can
be found for arround 39.00 ea.

> and each muffler about $70. I am very interested to see if the
> headers off the 98 5.2 will work. do they have the required O2 fittings in
> the "Y"?

No they dont. That would have to be modified by the muffler shop.

> I wanted to cut the y pipe at the y and weld on 2 separate 2.5" pipes for
> duals all the way back.

The only way your supercharger will work effeciently is to get rid of the
exhaust restriction.
I am considering some brand of s c on my 99 R/T but I haven't decided which one
to get. I dont want a real noisy one. I saw a 5.0 mustang with a s c on it
and I didn't hear any noise from the s c that could be heard over his exhaust
and it wasn't very loud either.