Re: DDBC Decal & drag radials

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 05 1998 - 11:57:58 EDT

<< I do know that I don't want a shorter tire with a 3.92 and 5 spd.
  Too unmanageable off the line - and if I did hook up, I'd be afraid
 of breaking parts with a vehicle this heavy.

 All comments welcomed!

 Tate >>

The drag radial is a good tire, and you should be able to put plenty of
driveline stress on all your components with them... :-) FWIW, My friend's 93
LX mustang (stock suspension) used to pull 1.70 60 footers with drag radials.
There's also a local guy here with a Vette thats pulled _1.5_ 60 footers on
17" drag radials! Your milage may vary here, and I would recommend playing
with air pressure settings until you find the right mix at the 'strip.

I would stick with a 3.92 or 4.10 in the rear to keep highway RPMs at a
reasonable level, even if you switch over to a regular radial tire, the only
time you'll have a traction problem is in 1st, and even then it shouldn't be
that bad.

ttyl
Patrick