DDBC Decal & drag radials

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Mon Oct 05 1998 - 11:38:27 EDT

Just put one of the DDBC decals I got on my tailgate - lower right
corner of the big, smooth plane of the tailgate.

Looks trick!!!!!

Also got my drag radials mounted. I wanted a little taller tire to
fill the wheel well a bit more (no flames on looks VS performance).
 They look mean as hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll find out if they slow
me down this weekend - last chance to race at the Motorplex this
year.

Found a GREAT deal on labor for the sure grip install - $100. Can't
tell where I'm having it done, (mechanic doing it on the side) but I'm
not worried about quality or experience of the mechanic at all.

Said he would charge me a minimal amount to do a ring and pinion too.

Question - with a 3.92 and a 28" - 28.5" tire, am I hurting myself
that much with the extra mass of the tire - - say, vs. a 3.55 with a
26" - 26.5" tire???

I do know that I don't want a shorter tire with a 3.92 and 5 spd.
 Too unmanageable off the line - and if I did hook up, I'd be afraid
of breaking parts with a vehicle this heavy.

All comments welcomed!

Tate